You can use Source IP, Security Group, password, and SSL.
Using EC2's Security Groups to control access to your DB is easily achieved from your account's console. Please do the following to perform this task:
- Log in to your account.
- Navigate to 'My Resources > Manage'.
- Select the relevant DB by clicking it in the Manage Resources
- Click the Edit button to edit that DB's properties.
- Scroll down to the Access Control section and check the AWS Security Groups
- For each Security Group that is allowed access to your DB, enter the following information:
- Security Group Name - this should be the AWS Security Group Name (set by you) and not the AWS Security Group ID (assigned by AWS). The latter is prefixed with sg-.
- AWS Account ID - your AWS Account ID, stripped of all non-numeric characters
- Make sure to click the Add button to apply your additions.
Once finished, click the Update button at the bottom of the page.
If you would like to use SSL, please let us know and we will enable it for you. The price for the SSL plan is exactly double the regular price.