You can restrict access to your database to servers belonging to specific AWS security groups.
Follow these steps to configure Security Groups Access Control:
- Log in to your account.
- Navigate to 'My Resources > Manage'.
- Select the relevant DB by clicking it in the Manage Resources
- Click the 'Edit' button at the bottom of the page to edit the DB's properties.
- Scroll down to the Access Control section and verify that the 'AWS Security Groups' box is checked.
- For each Security Group that is allowed access to your DB, enter the following information:
- 'Security Group Name' - this should be the AWS Security Group Name (set by you) and not the AWS Security Group ID (assigned by AWS). The latter is prefixed with sg-.
- 'AWS Account ID' - the AWS Account ID that owns the security group.
- Make sure to click the 'Add' button to apply your additions.
- Once finished, click the 'Update' button at the bottom of the page to apply the changes to your DB.